英文名：Total Dietary Fibre Assay Kit
规格：200 assays per kit
The Total Dietary Fiber test kit is suitable is suitable for the measurement and analysis of Total Dietary Fiber.
For the determination of Total Dietary Fiber in cereal products,
foodstuffs, feeds and other materials
(α-amylase + amyloglucosidase)
(1) Starch + H2O → D-glucose
(2) Protein + H2O → peptides
(3) Dietary fiber determined gravimetrically following alcohol
(4) Ash and residual protein determined on DF residues
Kit size: 100 / 200 assays
Method: Hydrolysis / removal of non-dietary
Total assay time: ~ 100 min
Detection limit: 0.5-100% of sample weight
Food ingredients, food products and other materials
AOAC (Methods 985.29, 991.42, 991.43 and 993.19), AACC
(Methods 32-05.01, 32-06.01, 32-07.01 and 32-21.01) and
CODEX (Type I Method)
Total Dietary Fiber Assay Kit, for the measurement and analysis of total, soluble and insoluble dietary fiber according to AOAC and AACC approved methods. See General Referee Reports: Journal of AOAC INTERNATIONAL, Vol. 81, No. 1, 1998.
Fiber is a mixture of complex organic substances, including hydrophilic compounds, such as soluble and insoluble polysaccharides and non-digestable oligosaccharides, as well as a range of non-swellable, more or less hydrophobic, compounds such as cutins, suberins and lignins. The procedures for the determination and analysis of total dietary fiber as outlined in our booklet are based on the methods of Lee et al.1 and Prosky et al.2,3 (AOAC 991.43, AOAC 985.29, AACC 32-07.01 and AACC 32-05.01). However, the enzymes in the Megazyme Total Dietary Fiber Kit can also be used in other dietary fiber analytical methods such as AACC Method 32-21.01 and AACC Method 32-06.01.
1. Association of Official Analytical Chemists. (1985). Official Methods of Analysis, 14th ed., 1st suppl. Secs. 43, A14-43, A20, p.399.
2. Association of Official Analytical Chemists. (1986). Changes in methods. J. Assoc. Off. Anal. Chem., 69, 370.
3. Association of Official Analytical Chemists. (1987). Changes in methods. J. Assoc. Off. Anal. Chem., 70, 393.
Two separate methods are described in the associated data booklet:
DETERMINATION OF TOTAL, SOLUBLE AND INSOLUBLE DIETARY FIBER
Based on AOAC Method 991.43 “Total, Soluble, and Insoluble Dietary Fiber in Foods” (First Action 1991) and AACC Method 32-07.01 “Determination of Soluble, Insoluble, and Total Dietary Fiber in Foods and Food Products” (Final Approval 10-16-91).
DETERMINATION OF TOTAL DIETARY FIBER
Based on AACC method 32-05.01 and AOAC Method 985.29.
- Very competitive price (cost per test)
- All reagents stable for > 2 years
- High purity / standardised enzymes employed
- Mega-Calc™ software tool is available from our website for hassle-free raw data processing
- Simple format
Q1. Should the pH of the sample be adjusted even for samples in acidic media?