英文名：β-amylase Assay (Betamyl-3)
规格：100/200 assays per kit
For the specific measurement of β-amylase in malt flour. Content: 100/200 assays per kit
Colourimetric method for the determination of β-Amylase in
cereal grains, malt, food, beverages and fermentation products
(1) G3-β-PNP + H2O → G2 + G-β-PNP
(2) G-β-PNP + H2O → D-glucose + PNP
(3) p-Nitrophenol → phenolate ion (yellow colour)
Note: PNP = 4-nitrophenol
Kit size: 100 / 200 assays
Method: Spectrophotometric at 400 nm
Reaction time: ~ 10 min
Detection limit: 0.05 U/mL of sample solution
Cereal flours, malts and other materials
Modification of RACI (Standard Method)
- Very cost effective
- All reagents stable for > 2 years as supplied
- Only enzymatic kit available
- Very specific
- Simple format
- Rapid reaction
- Mega-Calc™ software tool is available from our website for hassle-free raw data processing
- Standard included
Q1. Should the pH of the sample be adjusted even for samples in acidic media?
The pH of the assay solution after the sample is added should be the same as that of the assay buffer that is supplied with the kit.
Low sample volumes (e.g. 0.1 mL) are not likely to affect the pH of the assay solution and therefore may not require pH adjustment.
Samples above 0.1 mL are more likely to affect the pH of the assay solution and therefore the pH of these samples should be adjusted as described in the data booklet, prior to addition to the assay.
Q2. There is an issue with the performance of the kit; the results are not as expected.
If you suspect that the Megazyme test kit is not performing as expected such that expected results are not obtained please do the following:
- Ensure that you have tested the standard sample that is supplied with the Megazyme test kit.
- Send the results of the kit standard, blank samples and the results obtained for your sample, in the relevant MegaCalc spreadsheet (if available) to Megazyme (firstname.lastname@example.org). Where available the relevant MegaCalc spreadsheet can be downloaded from where the product appears on the Megazyme website.
- State the kit lot number being used (this is found on the outside of the kit box).
- State which assay format was used (refer to the relevant page in the kit booklet if necessary).
- State exact details of any modifications to the standard procedure that is provided by Megazyme.
- State the sample type and describe the sample preparation steps if applicable.